I love you cherry much!
…And so for Valentine’s Day I made you this delicious smelling playdough that is taste-safe (because I know you like to lick playdough behind my back.)
Cherry Scented Playdough
I have one kid that can't resist licking playdough. This recipe is made with kitchen ingredients so I can relax knowing it's safe for her if she sneaks a taste. (That said I am still trying to break her of the habit...)
- 1/2 cup salt
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups of water
- 2 tbsp cream of tartar
- 2 tbsp cooking oil, such as canola oil
- red food colouring
- 1/2 tsp cherry flavoring (also known as candy oil)
- Mix all the ingredients in a heavy-bottomed pot or saucepan.
- Cook over moderate heat, stirring constantly for about 3-5 minutes. The dough will start to pull away from the sides of the pan and should no longer be sticky to the touch. (If it’s still sticky cook a little longer until it’s not.)
- Remove the dough from the pot and allow to cool slightly. Knead until it’s uniform.
Store dough in an air-tight container.
Candy flavoring (candy flavouring oil, candy oil) can be found at baking supply stores near the extracts. I have found LorAnn candy oil at both Bulk Barn and Micheals.