This is my go-to frittata. It’s easy, packed with healthy veg and protein, and I love that I can clean up my prep mess and set the table in the time in takes for the frittata to bake.
Spinach, Tomato and Feta Frittata
This frittata can also be enjoyed as a light lunch or dinner when paired with a salad.
- 2-3 tbsps of olive oil or a generous spoonful of garlic confit
- 142g/5oz baby spinach (or go spinach heavy like I usually do and use 312g/11oz)
- a handful of chopped fresh herbs such as parsley, basil or dill and/or a couple sliced green onions
- 1 cup cherry/grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, cubed
- 8 eggs, whisked
- fresh cracked pepper to taste
- pinch of chili flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Heat olive oil or garlic confit over medium heat in cast iron or non-stick pan.
- Add handfuls of spinach and toss as it wilts. Continue adding and tossing spinach until the entire package has been added.
- Add herbs and/or green onions and toss.
- Pour eggs over spinach then top with the tomatoes, feta, fresh cracked pepper and chili flakes (if using), making sure to distribute evenly.
- Transfer frittata to oven and bake for 20 minutes.
To release the frittata run a spatula or knife around the edge of the pan. You can cut it into wedges in the pan and serve it family style (with one less dish to clean). Or transfer the frittata to a plate or cutting board and cut it into wedges for a nicer presentation.
I love eating this frittata with chipotle hot sauce or a hot pepper relish.