These days we’ve been spending countless hours hanging out at the park. To keep my kids fuelled I’ve been making these easy breezy whole wheat banana muffins. They’re healthy, perfect to grab and go, great for the lunch box or as an after-school snack. If you have busy little kids, you need these in your life.
Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Banana Mini Muffins
These mini muffins are perfect for little kids. They are 100% whole grain and sweetened with banana, applesauce, maple syrup and just 2 chocolate chips. Just enough sweetness to satisfy while keeping them healthy. Perfect for the lunch box or as an after-school snack.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup mashed banana (2 large or 3 small)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup avocado oil (or another neutral flavoured oil)
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 48 chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease mini muffin tin, or line with baking cups.
- In a large bowl combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In medium bowl combine banana, eggs, oil, applesauce, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Add wet ingredients to flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin.
- Place 2 chocolate chips on top of each mini muffin.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool.